Double decker bus catches fire in Scarborough
- 23 March 2014
- From the section York & North Yorkshire
Fifteen people were evacuated from a double decker bus after it caught fire in Scarborough.
North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service were called to Filey Road on Saturday morning and discovered flames in the rear of the vehicle.
The fire caused five square metres of damage and is thought to have started when the engine developed an electrical fault.
The driver of the bus led 15 passengers to safety after raising the alarm.