Yorkshire Dales hotel evacuated amid chemical scare
- 5 May 2013
- From the section York & North Yorkshire
A woman has been taken to hospital after inhaling fumes in a chemical scare at a hotel in the Yorkshire Dales.
The Devonshire Arms at Bolton Abbey was briefly evacuated just after 10:00 BST.
North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue said two chemicals had been mixed together inadvertently in the swimming pool plant room giving off fumes.
Officers vented the fumes from the building and carried out checks before allowing people back into the building.
The woman was taken to Airedale General Hospital in Keighley as a precaution, the Yorkshire Ambulance Service said.