Yorkshire Dales hotel evacuated amid chemical scare

A woman has been taken to hospital after inhaling fumes in a chemical scare at a hotel in the Yorkshire Dales.

The Devonshire Arms at Bolton Abbey was briefly evacuated just after 10:00 BST.

North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue said two chemicals had been mixed together inadvertently in the swimming pool plant room giving off fumes.

Officers vented the fumes from the building and carried out checks before allowing people back into the building.

The woman was taken to Airedale General Hospital in Keighley as a precaution, the Yorkshire Ambulance Service said.

More on This Story

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites

BBC York & North Yorkshire

Weather

York

14 °C 9 °C

Features

  • Two women in  JohanesburgYour pictures

    Readers' photos on the theme of South Africa


  • Worcestershire flagFlying the flag

    Preserving the identities of England's counties


  • Female model's bottom in leopard skin trousers as she walks up the catwalkBum deal

    Why budget buttock ops can be bad for your health


  • The OfficeIn pictures

    Fifty landmark shows from 50 years of BBC Two


  • French luxury Tea House, Mariage Freres display of tea pots Tea for tu

    France falls back in love with tea - but don't expect a British cuppa


BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.