Diane Hill remains critically ill after petrol ignited

Diane Hill Diane Hill suffered serious burns in the incident in her kitchen a week ago

A woman who was badly burned when petrol ignited as she was pouring it into a jug in York remains critically ill in hospital.

Diane Hill, 46, suffered 40% burns in the accident in the kitchen at her home in Moorgate, Acomb, last Thursday.

The fuel was ignited by a cooker which was on at the time, firefighters said.

Ms Hill is being treated at Pinderfields Hospital in Wakefield where her condition was described as "critical but stable" on Thursday.

More on This Story

Related Stories

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites

BBC York & North Yorkshire

Weather

York

18 °C 8 °C

Features

BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.