Swindon man who died after taking 'green pill' is named
A man who died after it is believed he took a legal high has been named by police.
Christopher Scott, 23, of Charfield Close, Swindon, died at the Great Western Hospital on Wednesday.
He was taken to hospital by paramedics after his temperature soared at his home shortly after 18:00 BST on Monday.
It is thought he took a small green pill with a dollar sign on it, which tests found was the legal high, alpha-methyltriptamine, known as AMT.
Robert Buckland, MP for Swindon South, has said the Home Office should urgently look at banning the legal high.
Former legal highs Black Mamba and Mexxy (methoxetamine) have been re-classified as class B drugs - the same as cannabis.
Wiltshire Police are advising people to steer clear of legal highs and anyone who has taken the drug in the last few days has been urged to seek immediate medical attention.
Det Insp Lisa Clarke said: "This is a tragic case and one which I hope acts as a warning to anyone considering taking legal highs or illegal drugs.
"Even though these drugs might not be illegal, it is still very difficult to know exactly what is in them and the affect they might have on an individual. Legal doesn't mean safe."