Forest of Dean school evacuated over fire in fusebox
- 24 September 2012
- From the section Gloucestershire
A Forest of Dean primary school was evacuated after the discovery of a fire in a fusebox.
Fire crews were called to Mitcheldean Primary School after the head teacher heard "crackles and pops" coming from an electrical distribution board.
More than 200 pupils were accompanied to a nearby church just before 11:30 BST and did not return to school.
A small fire was extinguished and Central Networks was called to make sure that the electric supply was safe.
A Gloucestershire Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: "It was initially thought that there could have been vermin in the roof of the school's paper store.
"The head teacher came to look and heard crackles and pops from the fusebox, and called 999."