Tyne & Wear

Man dies in South Shields after taking 'homemade' ecstasy

A 20-year-old man has died after taking a "potentially homemade" ecstasy tablet, police said.

The man died after being taken to South Tyneside Hospital on Sunday. It is thought he had taken a pale green tablet.

Police urged anyone who had taken drugs from the same batch to get medical help.

Det Insp Paul Woods said: "These tablets are potentially very dangerous."

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites