Frankie and Benny's customer chokes to death in diner

Frankie and Benny's Frankie and Benny's offered condolences to the woman's family

A woman has died after choking while out for a meal with her family at a Teesside restaurant.

The 48-year-old was eating at the Frankie and Benny's outlet at Teesside Park, Stockton on Wednesday when her airway became blocked.

Police said other diners and paramedics had attempted to resuscitate her.

A spokesman for the restaurant chain said, despite efforts by the emergency services, the woman had "passed away in the bathroom".

He added that the chain offered its condolences to the woman's family.

More on This Story

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites

BBC Tees

Weather

Middlesbrough

11 °C 3 °C

Features

BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.