Several arrested after '50-person' brawl in Bewbush
Seven people were arrested and a number of others were taken to hospital following a fight involving up to 50 people in Crawley, west Sussex.
Police believe baseball bats, stones and a car were used as weapons during the mass brawl which began shortly before 20:00 BST on Sunday.
One person was arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm.
Nobody was seriously injured during the fighting in Dorsten Square, Bewbush, according to police.
Officers received more than 20 calls about the disorder, which is believed to have erupted between two rival factions.
Two people were believed to have been struck by a car during the fight.
Ch Insp Justina Beeken, Crawley district policing commander, said there had been "growing tension among this particular group" of youths.
"I will not tolerate this sort of disorder and my officers are working to deal with those responsible and identify others involved," she said.
All of those arrested are from Crawley:
- A 24-year-old man and a 16-year-old boy were arrested on suspicion of affray
- A 21-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm with intent and violent disorder
- A 16-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of threats to kill
- A 14-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of possession of an offensive weapon in a public place
- A 15-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of assaulting a police officer and using threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour
- A 48-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of causing actual bodily harm