Hastings family of four treated after blaze

A family of four has been treated for smoke inhalation after fire broke out at a house in Hastings.

Three adults and a young child were treated following the blaze, which broke out in Hughenden Court, off Mount Pleasant Road, at 00:20 GMT.

A spokesman from East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said the child was taken to hospital.

A defective portable heater was understood to be the cause of the fire, he added.

More on This Story

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites

BBC Sussex

Weather

Brighton

Min. Night 15 °C

Features

BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.