Sussex

Bexhill sheltered housing fire: Eight residents rescued

  • 24 April 2013
  • From the section Sussex

Eight people were rescued from a smoke-filled sheltered housing complex in Bexhill after fire broke out.

They were led to safety by fire crews after the fire was discovered on the second floor of Thalia House, in London Road, just after 07:20 BST.

Ambulance crews treated some of the residents for smoke inhalation and took one of them, a 75-year-old woman, to Conquest Hospital in Hastings.

Police say the fire is believed to have been caused by an electrical fault.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites