The Brighton Pavilion is new home for rare royal vase
A vase depicting Princess Charlotte of Wales, the only child of King George IV, has been donated to the Sussex palace built by her father.
Her father George IV, who was Prince Regent for almost 10 years before his coronation, built the Royal Pavilion in Brighton.
In 1815, work started on transforming the heir to the throne's modest villa into the magnificent oriental palace that remains intact today.
The valuable piece of porcelain, believed to have been painted in 1822, was discovered in 1987 in an antique shop in Mexico by Ronald Pedley who is donating it to the Pavilion.
Princess Charlotte died in childbirth aged 21 in 1817.