Zane Gbangbola death: Mother discharged from hospital

Zane Gbangbola Zane Gbangbola was taken to hospital on 8 February and later died

Related Stories

The mother of a boy who died after being taken ill at his Surrey home has been discharged from hospital.

Zane Gbangbola, seven, and his parents were taken to hospital on 8 February from their home in Thameside, Chertsey.

A post-mortem examination has found no clear cause of death and Surrey Police have refused to be drawn on whether carbon monoxide was responsible.

Zane's father is still in a serious but not life-threatening condition. The family home had recently been flooded.

Kye Gbangbola, in his 40s, and Zane's mother, Nicole Lawler, who is in her 30s, were both taken to St Peter's Hospital to be treated.

'Book of memories'

After their son's death it was revealed that Mr Gbangbola had been pumping out flood water from their home for weeks.

He also spoke to BBC Radio Surrey after the River Thames burst its banks in Chertsey.

A Surrey Police spokesman said tests were continuing into the cause of Zane's death that would take a number of weeks.

Zane went to St George's Junior School in Weybridge, where a book of memories is being compiled to present to his parents.

House in Chertsey Zane's father had been pumping water from the family home since January

More on This Story

Related Stories

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites

BBC Surrey



8 °C 1 °C


Try our new site and tell us what you think. Learn more
Take me there

Copyright © 2015 BBC. The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.