Man attacked after leaving Guilfest music festival
- 14 July 2012
- From the section Surrey
A 39-year-old man is being treated in hospital for serious head injuries after he was attacked as he left the Guilfest music festival in Surrey.
Police said he gestured for a motorist to stop in Kings Road, Guildford, at about 18:30 BST on Friday to let his wife and young child cross the road.
A passenger in the vehicle, which had been travelling at excess speed, jumped out and head-butted and punched him.
The victim was taken to a hospital in London where his condition is critical.
The offender was described as a white man, possibly with tanned skin, aged in his late 20s to early 30s, and between 5ft 10in and 6ft 2in tall.
He was of a medium/muscular build, with short dark hair and was wearing a light coloured top and dark trousers.
The vehicle was described as silver or white, and possibly a Vauxhall model.
Surrey Police have asked for the driver to come forward, along with four or five male passengers who were also travelling in the vehicle.
Det Con Dave Pellatt said: "This was an horrific, unprovoked attack to take place in front of not only the victim's wife but also in front of a 16-month-old child.
"I'm appealing for anyone with information to please come forward as a matter of urgency so we can find the person involved."