Annette Coe carbon monoxide death: Man found guilty of two charges

Annette Coe Annette Coe died in hospital after collapsing at her home

A heating engineer has been found guilty of two safety offences after a woman died from gas poisoning.

Annette Coe, 71, collapsed at her home in St Edmunds Road, Ipswich, in 2012 and died in hospital.

Peter Sykes, 68, of Castle Road, Hadleigh, had denied four charges at Norwich Crown Court.

He was found guilty of two health and safety offences. A verdict on a charge of manslaughter and one other offence is yet to be given.

Ms Coe died on 6 December 2012 from carbon monoxide poisoning.

The jury is due to return on Wednesday to continue considering its verdicts on the charge of manslaughter by gross negligence and the remaining health and safety charge following a three-week trial.

More on This Story

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites

BBC Suffolk

Weather

Ipswich

Min. Night 18 °C

Features

BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.