Lowestoft gas leak: Four treated in hospital

Two adults and two children have been treated for the effects of breathing in carbon monoxide fumes at their Lowestoft home.

The Suffolk Fire Service said it was called to a gas leak at Wharfdale, Carlton Colville, at about 02:00 GMT.

The four people were taken by ambulance to the James Paget Hospital and treated for headaches.

Crews turned off the gas supply, ventilated the house and informed the National Grid about the incident.

More on This Story

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites

BBC Suffolk

Weather

Ipswich

4 °C 1 °C

Features

Copyright © 2015 BBC. The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.