Suffolk

Stanton fire: Man died from breathing in smoke

  • 12 June 2013
  • From the section Suffolk
Fire-damaged bungalow in Stanton 10/6/13
Image caption Police said the man was the only person who lived at the bungalow

Nobody else is thought to have been involved in a fire which killed a man at a Suffolk caravan park, police said.

The dead man, who was believed to be in his 80s, was found at his bungalow at Shepherd's Grove Park, Stanton in the early hours of Monday morning.

A post-mortem examination, which took place on Tuesday, gave the cause of death as breathing in smoke.

Suffolk Police said the death was now being referred to the coroner and an inquest would be held in due course.

More on this story

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites