Staffordshire road reopens following chimney collapse
- 6 December 2013
- From the section Stoke & Staffordshire
A road in Stoke-on-Trent has reopened after a chimney collapsed in high winds on Thursday, the city council has said.
The A53 Etruria Road in Basford was closed between Victoria Street and Basford Park Road.
Dangerous buildings surveyor Ben Gascoigne said a gust of wind had brought several chimney pots down at a terrace house, causing them to fall through the roof and on to the road.
Stoke-on-Trent City Council said its teams had now made the building safe.
Staffordshire Police said roads that were closed elsewhere in the county had now reopened and there were no reports of any injuries.