Fire crews in Stafford save Labrador with CPR

A black Labrador that was showing "no signs of life" after a kitchen blaze has been saved by fire crews.

A woman called crews to Woodlands Road, Stafford, after returning home and finding her fire alarms had gone off.

Staffordshire Fire and Rescue crews wearing breathing apparatus entered the house and brought out the injured dog.

"CPR was carried out on the animal and oxygen was given bringing the dog back to life, it was then taken to the vets," a service spokeswoman said.

Firefighters who attended the incident shortly after 10:00 BST extinguished the fire in the kitchen, which was caused by a faulty toaster, the service said.

Station manager Simon Craythorn said: "Fire and heat damage have been caused to the kitchen and the adjacent room has been damaged by smoke from the fire.

"A plumbing connection was damaged by the heat causing flooding in the property."

More on This Story

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites

BBC Stoke & Staffordshire

Weather

Stoke-on-Trent

Min. Night 15 °C

Features

BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.