Firefighters tackle blaze at Cheddleton animal plant
More than 30 firefighters have tackled a fire at an animal rendering plant in Cheddleton, Staffordshire.
At its height, 10 appliances were at Pointons on Felthouse Lane on Sunday night.
Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service was called at 23:23 BST and on arrival found 470 tonnes (470,000kg) of wool and animal by-products alight.
An investigation has now established the fire was started accidentally after it was intially treated as suspicious.
Station Manager, Ian Housley said: "We believe a fault in a mechanical digger sparked the fire which quickly spread to other items of machinery kept in the shed."