Kitten in microwave woman pleads guilty
A woman killed her pet kitten by putting it in a microwave and turning the machine on because she thought it had killed her goldfish, a court heard.
Laura Cunliffe, 23, of Hoyland, near Barnsley, pleaded guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to the animal at Barnsley Magistrates Court.
The kitten died after being shut in the microwave in September.
Cunliffe was released on bail ahead of a sentencing hearing, which is due to take place on 13 March.
An RSPCA spokeswoman said: "This was such a sad case and clearly this poor kitten would have suffered terribly and during a prolonged period of time."
It is thought the cat was in the device for about one minute.
The animal died about a hour-and-a-half later.