Glastonbury drug taker dies in hospital
- 27 June 2014
- From the section Somerset
A man has died after taking the drug Ketamine at Glastonbury festival, police have confirmed.
The 26-year-old from Reading, Berkshire, is thought to have suffered an adverse reaction to the illegal substance on Thursday.
Police said it is not thought the batch of the Class B drug was contaminated.
An Avon and Somerset Police spokesman said the man was taken to the Bristol Royal Infirmary with a "life threatening condition" but died later.
"His family are aware and being supported," he added.
In an unrelated incident, a 67-year-old woman also died at the festival site on Wednesday night from natural causes.
Her death is not being treated as suspicious.