Bath nightclub fire started by an electrical fault

Moles nightclub Firefighters searched the building after initial reports of people sleeping above the club

Related Stories

An electrical fault has been blamed for a fire at a nightclub in Bath.

A spokesman for Avon Fire and Rescue said the blaze at Moles in George Street on Saturday morning was accidental.

The fire in the four-story building caused heavy smoke damage and the club is still closed.

There were initial reports that members of a band were sleeping in an upper floor.

However, a subsequent search found the building was empty.

More on This Story

Related Stories

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites

BBC Somerset

Weather

Taunton

Min. Night 10 °C

Features

BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.