New Year Honours for Somerset people
A scientist, an engineer and a television presenter are among Somerset people recognised in the Queen's New Year Honours list.
Yeovil's David Gibbings from the engineering team at helicopter builders AgustaWestland is appointed MBE.
So too is Frome-based TV presenter Kevin McCloud for services to sustainable living and energy saving.
Templecombe's Christopher Hukins was also appointed MBE for voluntary work in the prison service.
Paul Ian McDermott from Bath, Janet Paterson, who was director of Olympic relations from Radstock, and Dr Laura Tilling, have all been appointed MBE for services to the communities in Castle Cary and Mufulira, which is in Zambia.
And Acting Warrant Officer Class 2 Barry Innes Firth, from RNAS Yeovilton, is appointed MBE in the military division for his services to the Lynx project team and for his fundraising activities.
Peter Kendal Hargreaves, the co-founder of Hargreaves Lansdown who lives in Chew Magna, has been appointed CBE along with Christopher John Mairs, chief scientist at Metaswitch in Bath, who receives the award for services to engineering.
Claire Elizabeth Axten, the head teacher at Brookside Community Primary School in Street, will also become a CBE for services to education.
Ian Egginton-Metters, the assistant chief executive of the Federation of City Farms and Community Gardens, who comes from Frome, is appointed OBE.
Lord Lieutenant of Somerset, Lady Elizabeth Periam Acland Hood Gass, receives the Royal Victorian Order (DCVO).
Other people in the county to have been recognised in the New Year Honours list include:OBE
- Linda Mary Catherine Wyon of, Bath Child Contact Centre for services to children and families
- Clive Richard Wray from Shepton Mallet
- Denise Sage from Minehead receives the award for her services to the visitors' centre in Porlock
- Anne Bennett of Yeovil Hospital NHS Foundation Trust for voluntary and charitable services
- Carol Searle for services to the community in Evercreech
- Margaret Peverley from the Mid-Somerset Riding Club
- Lee Howell - Chief Fire Officer at Devon and Somerset Police