Mushroom poisoning death inquest is opened

Death cap mushroom Christina Hale ate the poisonous death cap mushrooms from her back garden in Bridgwater

An inquest has opened into the case of a woman from Somerset who died after eating poisonous mushrooms.

Christina Hale, 57, of Spaxton Road, Bridgwater found the death cap mushrooms in her garden. Her husband also ate the mushrooms but survived.

After eating them she felt unwell and was admitted to Musgrove Park Hospital in Taunton on 19 November where she died the following day.

The inquest has been adjourned and will not take place until next year.

More on This Story

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites

BBC Somerset

Weather

Taunton

18 °C 8 °C

Features

BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.