Driver taken to hospital after Oxfordshire chemical leak
- 29 August 2014
- From the section Oxford
A delivery driver was taken to hospital after industrial chemicals leaked from a container in Oxfordshire.
The acidic descaler was being transported when it is thought to have leaked out through its packaging.
Fumes from the leak then affected the delivery person, who called the emergency services.
Fire crews, including the hazardous materials unit, identified the chemicals and placed them inside a secure container for disposal.
The man affected by the chemical was taken to hospital for a precautionary check.