Three guilty in Oxford teen sex attack case
- 4 June 2014
- From the section Oxford
Two men sexually assaulted a pregnant teenage girl before a third threatened to shoot her, a jury has concluded.
The girl, who was 17 at the time, was attacked after a night out in Cowley Road, Oxford, in December 2011.
Zeeshan Ahmed was sentenced to 18 months for perverting the course of justice and his cousin Bilal Ahmed, 27, was jailed for three-and-a-half years for serious sexual assault.
Mustafa Ahmed, 26, will be sentenced at Oxford Crown Court on Friday.
Zeeshan Ahmed was one of seven men jailed last year for being part of a sex grooming ring.
The seven men were convicted of raping and trafficking six girls, aged between 11 and 15 after an investigation known as Operation Bullfinch. During that trial, Zeeshan Ahmed was jailed for seven years for sexual activity with a child.
A court order had been in place during the trial banning the media from reporting that this was an investigation by the Operation Bullfinch officers.
During the recent trial, the court was played recordings of several 999 calls made by the teenage victim, who told police to "come quick please".
The court heard that she went to a house in Cowley Road, where the attack happened, following a night out at the former Bullingdon Arms.
Jurors were told Zeeshan Ahmed threatened to shoot the girl and was found guilty of perverting the course of justice.
'Vicious sexual predators'
His cousin Bilal Ahmed, of Suffolk Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire, was convicted of sexual assault in relation to the same 17-year-old girl, who cannot be identified.
Mustafa Ahmed previously admitted sexual assault.
The 26-year-old, of Harrow Road, London, changed his plea during the trial.
The jury took about seven hours to deliver its verdict.
Zeeshan Ahmed, 28, of Palmer Road, Oxford, threatened the girl after she contacted police about the assaults.
Both Zeeshan Ahmed and Bilal Ahmed denied the charges.
Adrian Foster, chief crown prosecutor for Thames and Chiltern Crown Prosecution Service (CPS), called the abuse "truly appalling" and said: "No-one, let alone a child, should ever be exploited as this young victim was.
"The men who have been convicted are nothing less than vicious sexual predators."
Det Supt Joe Kidman said: "The convictions here today show that Operation Bullfinch is continuing in earnest."