Oxford

Hairdryer fire empties Henley flats

A hairdryer fire emptied a block of flats in Oxfordshire, causing residents to spend a night away from their homes.

The blaze started in the three-storey building in New Street, Henley-on-Thames, at about 17:00 BST on Friday.

Neighbours in the nine other flats were alerted and fled the building as the fire rapidly took hold.

Residents of five of the flats were unable to return to their homes which were severely damaged by smoke and water flooding from by melted pipes.

Four people were treated at the scene for the effects of smoke inhalation.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites