Couple in 'lucky escape' from Begbroke bungalow fire

A couple had a "very lucky" escape from a fire in their bungalow in Oxfordshire.

Firefighters were called to the blaze in the roof of the property in Begbroke near Kidlington just before 11:30 GMT on Thursday.

The fire service said large amounts of smoke were coming from the bungalow and flames had engulfed the roof at the back.

It is thought to have been caused by a fault with an electrical fitting.

Paul Bremble, from Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue, said: "Had this happened at night there would have been the potential for the fire to go unnoticed for some time.

"The owners were very lucky to escape."

More on This Story

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites

BBC Oxford



Min. Night 2 °C


Try our new site and tell us what you think. Learn more
Take me there

Copyright © 2015 BBC. The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.