Oxford family escape home as reading lamp ignites bed
A couple and their four children were forced to flee their home after a lamp fell on to a bed sparking a fire in Oxfordshire.
Smoke was seen coming from the first floor bedroom of the house in Finmore Road, Oxford, on Sunday evening.
The family escaped, shutting the bedroom door to contain the blaze, before calling the fire service.
Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a high pressure hose reel to extinguish the flames.
Watch manager Andy Hayes said: "The property had a working smoke alarm on the first floor landing which allowed early detection of the fire and helped the family to get to a place of safety before the arrival of the fire service."