Women rescued from dishwasher fire in Banbury

Two women have been rescued from a house fire in Banbury after a dishwasher caught fire.

They became trapped on the first floor of their property when fire broke out in the kitchen in the early hours.

A neighbour used a ladder at the house in Lansdown Close to pull one of the women to safety.

Firefighters rescued the second elderly resident who had become trapped in a bedroom. A man had managed to escape before firefighters arrived.

All three were taken to the Horton General Hospital suffering from smoke inhalation.

More on This Story

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites

Weather

Oxford

15 °C 9 °C

Features

  • Spanner CrabEdible images

    Are these the best food photographs of the past year?


  • Beckford's TowerFolly or fact?

    The unlikely debt capital of Britain


  • European starlingBird-brained

    How 60 starlings multiplied into a nightmare flock of 200 million


  • Observatory in Chile with sun in the backgroundStar struck

    Why tourists are flocking to Chile's observatories


  • Two people using sign language Signing out

    The decline of regional dialects for the deaf


BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.