Banbury man and dog saved from flat fire

Two fire crews rescued a man and his dog from a burning first floor flat in Oxfordshire after neighbours smelt smoke and heard an alarm.

Firefighters were called to Jubilee Court in Banbury on Sunday evening and found both the man and his pet unconscious.

A fire service spokesman said without the smoke alarm the incident "could have easily have become a fatality."

The man and dog were given first aid on the scene.

The fire in the flat's kitchen was believed to have been started accidentally.

More on This Story

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites

BBC Oxford



9 °C 2 °C


Try our new site and tell us what you think. Learn more
Take me there

Copyright © 2015 BBC. The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.