Nottingham

Forest Fields flats evacuated due to chip pan fire

More than a dozen people have been evacuated from a Nottingham block of flats after a fire broke out.

Emergency crews were called to Foxhall Road in Forest Fields just after midnight and found a first-floor flat well alight.

One man in his 20s was led to safety by his neighbour and needed treatment for smoke inhalation.

Fire crews said the blaze began in the kitchen - it is suspected a chip pan was left unattended.

Damage to the rest of the building is being assessed.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites