Gas leak in Northampton forces residents indoors
- 24 April 2012
- From the section Northampton
Residents of about 30 homes in Northampton were told to stay indoors following a fire and a gas leak at a newsagents.
More than 20 firefighters were called to Classic News in Park Avenue North, near its junction with Kettering Road, shortly after 09:00 BST.
A spokesman for Northamptonshire Fire and Rescue Service said staff from National Grid were still at the scene.
A 50m cordon has been set up around the affected homes.