Northampton

Gas leak in Northampton forces residents indoors

Fire crews at Park Avenue North earlier
Residents stay indoors as fire crews work

Residents of about 30 homes in Northampton were told to stay indoors following a fire and a gas leak at a newsagents.

More than 20 firefighters were called to Classic News in Park Avenue North, near its junction with Kettering Road, shortly after 09:00 BST.

A spokesman for Northamptonshire Fire and Rescue Service said staff from National Grid were still at the scene.

A 50m cordon has been set up around the affected homes.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites