Norwich City bans two fans from games over racism inquiry
- 13 August 2014
- From the section Norfolk
Norwich City has temporarily banned two fans from going to matches after claims of racist chants during its game against Wolverhampton Wanderers.
The club said the two male supporters would not be able to attend matches at Carrow Road until its inquiry was over.
Complaints were made by other Canary fans following the game at Molineux on Sunday.
Norwich City said it would give the pair "lifetime bans" if they were found guilty of racist behaviour.
West Midlands Police has asked witnesses to come forward and the club has passed its evidence to the force.
Insp Howard Lewis-Jones said: "We have not received any official complaints in relation to the match.
"However, we are aware of these allegations and that officials at Wolves and Norwich are investigating.
"Racism on the terraces will not be tolerated and we take every report extremely seriously."
In 2011, a supporter was banned for life from Carrow Road for posting a racist remark on Twitter about James Vaughan.
Last year the moderator of an unofficial fans' page on Facebook apologised for posting a racist comment about then manager Chris Hughton.