Norwich toddler Trinity Coward was 'swinging' from fireplace that fell on her
- 16 July 2014
- From the section Norfolk
A toddler who died after a fireplace fell on top of her at her home had been "swinging" on it when it came away from the wall, an inquest heard.
Trinity Coward, two, was seriously injured by the fire surround at her home in the Lakenham area of Norwich on 6 July.
She died from her injuries later in hospital.
A pathologist's report concluded Trinity had died from a "complex head injury" caused by blunt force trauma.
Norfolk Coroners' Court heard the child had climbed on the fireplace and held on to the mantelpiece before trying to swing from it.
Her parents were in the room at the time of the accident and called the emergency services.
'Heartbroken and torn'
Norfolk Police said Trinity's death was not being treated as suspicious.
Speaking two days after their daughter died, parents Shaun and Kelly Coward described Trinity as their "little princess" who had a "gorgeous smile".
Sharon Robinson, a close friend of the family, said they were "completely heartbroken and torn".
Meanwhile, Mr and Mrs Coward have thanked well-wishers who have donated more than £3,600 in the past week to a fundraising page set up to help pay for Trinity's funeral.
A full inquest will take place on 26 August.