Norwich toddler Trinity Coward killed by falling fireplace
- 8 July 2014
- From the section Norfolk
A toddler has died after a fireplace at her family home fell on top of her.
Two-year-old Trinity Coward was seriously injured by the fire surround at her home in the Lakenham area of Norwich on Sunday.
She died at the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital from her injuries. An inquest into her death will be held at a later date.
Her parents Shaun and Kelly Coward described her as their "little princess" who had a "gorgeous smile".
Paying tribute, the couple said her "dimples" would be "forever etched on our hearts".
"Daddy's little baby girl shine bright like a diamond in the sky," the family tribute said. "Mummy's little angel so loving and cuddly. Can't wait to have snuggles."
The death is not being treated as suspicious.
A police spokesman said: "The circumstances surrounding the infant's death will be subject to a coroner's inquiry although early indications are that this was an unforeseen and tragic event in a family home."