Norfolk

Norfolk farm guilty of safety breaches after worker is electrocuted

  • 17 April 2014
  • From the section Norfolk

A flower farm has been found guilty of failing to ensure its employee was safe after a worker was electrocuted.

Grzegorz Pieton, 26, died after his tractor hit 11,000 volt overhead cables at Belmont Nursery, Terrington St Clement, Norfolk on 15 July 2010.

Mr Pieton, who lived at the nursery, was declared dead at 11:18 BST.

PS and JE Ward Ltd, Belmont Nursery will be sentenced on 6 June after a jury at Norwich Crown Court found it guilty of the safety breach.

The company was found not guilty of corporate manslaughter.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites