Norfolk

Two rescued from Norwich house fire

  • 23 December 2012
  • From the section Norfolk

Two men were rescued unconscious after a fire in a house in Norwich.

Firefighters were called to a student home on Hanbury Close near the University of East Anglia at 06:50 GMT.

The two casualties were treated for breathing in smoke with one was taken to hospital for further treatment.

Stuart Horth, from Norfolk Fire Service, said: "Neighbours had been unable to get into the home and they are very lucky to have got out alive."

The fire service believe the blaze started in the kitchen.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites