Girl, 5, burned after dress catches fire in Huyton

A girl has been treated for burns after her dress caught fire while she was standing near a gas fire at a house on Merseyside.

The five-year-old suffered burns to her back and arm during the incident at Bakers Green Road in Huyton, near Liverpool, at about 09:25 GMT.

A 27-year-old woman who put out the flames also suffered burns, Merseyside Fire and Rescue Service said.

Both were taken to Whiston Hospital for treatment.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites