Man, aged 52, dies after chip pan fire in Liverpool

A 52-year-old man has died following a suspected chip pan fire at his home in Liverpool.

The alarm was raised by a woman who entered the house in Winifred Road, Fazakerley, at 08:13 BST.

Firefighters found the man's body at the scene. Paramedics treated a woman for the effects of smoke inhalation.

Merseyside Fire Service said initial findings pointed to a chip pan which had been left unattended and had been "burning for some time".

More on This Story

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites

BBC Liverpool

Weather

Liverpool

Min. Night 18 °C

Features

BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.