Fir Bank Primary: Electrician killed installing cooker

Fir Bank Primary School Royton The electrician was installing a cooker at the school

An electrician died after a receiving a shock as he installed a new cooker at a Greater Manchester primary school.

Paramedics tried to revive Jason Haslem, 24, after the incident at Fir Bank Primary School, in Oldham on Thursday afternoon.

Greater Manchester Police (GMP) and the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) are carrying out a joint investigation.

"At this stage, it would appear to be a tragic accident," said a GMP spokesman.

More on This Story

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites

BBC Manchester



Min. Night 6 °C


Try our new site and tell us what you think. Learn more
Take me there

Copyright © 2015 BBC. The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.