Firework explodes in Greater Manchester boy's hand
- 15 October 2012
- From the section Manchester
A boy of 11 suffered injuries to his hand and face when a firework exploded in his hand in Greater Manchester.
Firefighters said the boy found the four-inch long firework in the street and took it home where it exploded although he did not light it.
The boy was treated for blast injuries to two fingers and his face after the incident on Warnford Close, Newton Heath, on Sunday.
Trading Standards officers are investigating the incident.