Carbon monoxide suspected as cause of Rochdale woman's death

An 83-year-old woman has died of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning at her home in Rochdale.

Her body was found when police, fire and ambulance crews were called to the house in Middleton Road at 22:45 BST on Tuesday.

A man who had also visited the house and later experienced breathing difficulties was taken to hospital.

A joint investigation by the police, fire service and health and safety executive is under way.

Carbon monoxide is produced when fuels such as gas, oil, coal and wood do not burn fully.

More on This Story

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites

BBC Manchester



Min. Night 8 °C


Try our new site and tell us what you think. Learn more
Take me there

Copyright © 2015 BBC. The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.