Farnworth street murder pair jailed for life

Aisar Gul Khan and Dale Michael Duncan Mr Tierney "begged Khan and Duncan to let him go home"

Related Stories

Two men who battered a 41-year-old to death in a Bolton street have been jailed for life.

Aisar Gul Khan, 21, of Devon Street, Farnworth, and Dale Michael Duncan, 21, of Bolton Road, Farnworth, were convicted of the murder of James Tierney at Manchester Crown Court.

Khan must serve 15 years and Duncan 12 years before being eligible for parole.

Det Sgt Mike Gladwin said the attack in April was "one of the most brutal and appalling" he had investigated.

Mr Tierney was found in Devon Street by Greater Manchester Police in the early hours of 15 April.

He had received severe facial injuries and died in hospital a short time later.

Witnesses described seeing Duncan pull a drainpipe from the side of a house to swing at the victim.

Mr Gladwin said there were also reports that Mr Tierney "begged Khan and Duncan to let him go home but instead was savagely beaten to death".

"James had been at his girlfriend's house and was making his way home when he was subjected to one of the most brutal and appalling attacks I have had the misfortune to investigate," he said.

"We don't know what prompted this attack but clearly both men have no regard for human life and left an innocent man to suffer a shocking death.

"I hope that their life sentences are of some small comfort to James' family and friends."

More on This Story

Related Stories

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites

BBC Manchester



21 °C 15 °C


BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.