Kirstie Trup: Zanzibar acid attack victim leaves hospital
- 12 August 2013
- From the section London
One of the two British women who was attacked with acid in Zanzibar has been discharged from hospital in London.
Kirstie Trup, 18, left Chelsea and Westminster Hospital on Sunday night, the hospital confirmed.
The other woman who was attacked, Katie Gee, also 18, is being treated "in a stable condition", the hospital said.
Zanzibar police have offered a £4,000 reward for information leading to capture of the attackers but have not established a motive.
Ms Trup spent three days at the hospital after being injured in an apparently unprovoked attack on Wednesday.
A hospital spokeswoman said: "No details on either of the patients' treatment will be released at this time."
The pair, who are both from north London, were on a volunteering holiday on the island, off the coast of Tanzania, when they were targeted.
Ms Gee used Twitter to thank well-wishers, by tweeting: "Thank you for all your support x".
A photograph released by the teenagers' families showed the injuries one of them suffered in the attack.
The teenagers were enjoying the last week of a trip as volunteer teachers when the corrosive substance was thrown at them.