Woman charged over 'bleach' bottle for boy in Eltham

McDonalds in Eltham The toddler fell ill after drinking from a bottle in a McDonald's on Eltham High Street

A woman has been charged after a boy fell ill after drinking from a bottle feared to contain bleach in a fast food restaurant in south-east London.

The incident happened at a McDonald's on Eltham High Street on Thursday. The 11-month-old was taken to hospital after drinking from the bottle.

Elaine Joyner, 53, of Deptford, was charged with administering a noxious substance with intent to endanger life.

Bromley Magistrates' Court remanded her in custody until 21 September.

Ms Joyner, of Vaughan Williams Close, will next appear at Woolwich Crown Court.

More on This Story

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites

BBC London

Weather

London

Min. Night 10 °C

Features

BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.