London

London Fire Brigade warns over plug-in air fresheners

  • 10 September 2011
  • From the section London

The London Fire Brigade has issued a warning about plug-in air fresheners following a blaze at a bungalow.

About 20 firefighters tackled the incident in Stanmore, north-west London, on Thursday. Nobody was injured but the home was badly damaged.

The brigade said early indications showed the fire was caused by a plug-in air freshener which overheated because it was covered by clothing.

It has urged people not place any flammable materials near the devices.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites