Lincolnshire

Kenwick Park Hotel, Louth chemical incident: Five taken to hospital

Five people have been taken to hospital after chemicals were mixed incorrectly by staff at a Lincolnshire hotel.

A 25m exclusion zone was placed around the Kenwick Park Hotel in Louth after the incident, which involved chlorine, at about 16:00 BST.

Police said the people taken to hospital were not thought to have been seriously injured.

The exclusion zone was taken down by about 19:00 BST, Lincolnshire Police said.

'Caused some fumes'

Hotel owner Stuart Flynn said three of the five people taken to hospital were hotel staff.

He said the incident involved chlorine used for the hotel's swimming pool.

"Somebody mixed the chemicals wrong - they got the reaction wrong and it caused some fumes.

"We evacuated to be on the safe side. It was all done very efficiently."

He said he hoped the hotel would reopen on Thursday.

Steve Wright from Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue said the spill was "relatively minor".

Related Topics

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites