Council to move Fosse Court care home residents after abuse allegations
All 21 residents of a care home at the centre of ill-treatment allegations are to be moved into new accommodation, Leicester City Council has said.
The authority met with relatives of residents at the privately-run Fosse Court care home on Tuesday.
It follows the arrest of four female employees at the home, which is in Leicester, earlier this week.
The owner of the home, Eastern Care Limited, said it was co-operating with police.
It said its priority was "to provide a safe and caring environment for the residents".
A police spokesman said its investigation was "at an early stage".
The arrested women, aged 46, 47, 54 and 61, have all been released on bail.'Spot checks'
The Care Quality Commission said it found a "number of serious issues" during an inspection of the home, which cares for adults over the age of 65, some with physical or mental disabilities.
Leicester City councillor Rita Patel said: "We have assigned a social worker to each of the residents who are actively helping the families to support people with their moves.
"We have our staff there in the meanwhile to ensure there is safe and secure environment for the elderly people who are still there."
Leicester West MP Liz Kendall, who is also shadow minister for care and older people, said: "The real issue now is to make sure the residents are safe and the residents' families know what is going on.
"We need to make sure there is a tough regulation system and spots checks and that residents' families are spoken to regularly."