David Morris: Liquid nitrogen in cocktails 'should be banned'

Help

Using liquid nitrogen in cocktails "should be banned forthwith", an MP has said.

David Morris, the Conservative MP for Morecambe and Lunesdale, said the case of 18-year-old Gaby Scanlon, who remains in hospital following emergency surgery to remove her stomach after drinking a cocktail containing the liquid, was "a shocking incident".

Lancaster University's Prof Shaun Fisher said the use of liquid nitrogen in drinks had the potential to be "very dangerous".

BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.